Sunday, August 15, 2010

Underhanded

It's almost time to pick up Sofie. Instead of spending the weekend with their dad Sean picked them up then dropped them off with his parents so he could spend more time with Connor and they went to a metal concert. Cade called me today and told me and asked to stay another day with his grandparents. So he will be home tomorrow. Not long after that Sean called me and asked me if I knew Cade was going to be over there. I like how he didn't ask if it was ok or anything, his parents either. I might have had plans. I let it go though since CADE called and asked. At least the 10 year old is responsible. Anyway, then Sean asked me, "Will you be there tomorrow?" I had no clue what he was talking about. He asked me if I got his email. I had checked several times today and there was nothing there and told him so. He acted like how odd that was then told me he set up an intake session at community counseling for us but it wasn't important I was there and he would try and schedule sessions for Tuesday next time. I checked the email a little later and saw he sent me a one line message about the session and that even though I didn't have to be there they said it would be preferable. I know from experience with that place that it takes weeks to even get in so he had to have done this a while ago and never told me. He also knows that Tuesdays are the day I can come in. I have told him that many times and he shouldn't have accepted a Monday appointment. I called them even though it is Sunday and left a message with their intake department an told them how I was only informed of tomorrows session today and could not make it on such short notice. I asked if it could be rescheduled for a time I could be there since I want to fully be part of the process from the beginning. I told them the times I am available and left my number. I hope the session tomorrow is canceled and they call me back because if it isn't I will not be happy or feel very much trust for being there is things are set up and said behind my back. I also told them I would be there on Tuesday morning to discuss anything for a session for our son. We'll see. I will tell the lawyer all about this when I talk to him next week. I am not saying no just that I want to be there from the get go and the way this is being handled is doing nothing for my ability to feel comfortable or is it instilling trust in the place or Sean. I was not even notified by them. I always got a call for any of the kids sessions and for our earlier co-parenting sessions.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates