Monday, August 30, 2010

So freakin' funny

I worked today at the library something I have done with the same exact hours since Sean was living here for the past seven years. Hours Sean knows about and has known for those same seven years. I was babysitting and after I got the little ones settled for a nap I asked Will (who came home on the noon boat) to check the phone messages. He said there was one from a doctors office and two from Sean. I checked and the first was from Connor's counselors office confirming his session for tomorrow at 10am. I was pleased to see Sean did not cancel it again. Then I listened to Sean's message. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. He was talking about us having a co-parenting counseling session for tomorrow at......10am. I thought he had to be kidding. Then he went on giving me the name of the counselor and how he hadn't met her yet either and how he knew I was concerned about him meeting someone before me but he didn't think it should be an issue since he hadn't met her either. Well, here's the rub. One, I am going to go to Connor's session which I told Connor about, emailed Sean about and emailed my lawyer about. If they don't show up then I will talk to the lawyer about having Sean removed from making medical decisions for Connor. Also, Connor has not called me like he said he would after our last conversation and both he and Sean know about his physical as well. If they don't show for that either it's only more evidence for me. Second, because I spoke with counselors at the place Sean wants us to go to I am well aware (little does he know) that this session is not co-parenting. This is for Sean, Kathryn and Regan. I have no doubt that this person he told me about would want to see him first since this case is opened up under his name. I also know that any co-parenting sessions haven't even been considered yet. Still, he tells me we have a session tomorrow at 10am. He calls me while I am at work and he knows I check my messages maybe once a week. I only checked today because I was expecting one from a lady here on the island. No emails from him which is our main communication that we agreed upon from the last time we were in co-parenting counseling. I saw him yesterday and he didn't say anything to me about it. The day before thing just doesn't cut it. Most importantly he knew well in advance about Connor's appointment. I told him the day I made it. He never responded. Here is me making a big change. Before I would have reminded him. Before I would have emailed and asked if he had gotten my first email. Before I would have emailed or called back today and explained about Connor's session and could Sean reschedule yada yada. Not this time. This is Sean's mess from his disorganized mind and he will have to pay the consequences. I can not be his mother and wife anymore. I will go to Connor's appointment tomorrow. I will also call the person Sean told me about tomorrow (they are closed now) and get the record straight on co-parenting and my level if involvement. Sean is just not capable of keeping me in the loop without lying and/or exaggerating. I will make my own connection. If there was really an appointment scheduled for me there I would have gotten a phone call and I didn't. So, after that is all done then I will email Sean about what's going on and forward all of it to the lawyer. I can not be running around cleaning up his messes anymore or covering for his mistakes. I am just not going to do it. Nor am I going to waste my time and my life showing up for stuff that has nothing to do with me. As it is I am going to lose a whole day of work for Connor tomorrow. I am not going to be mad if he doesn't show because I can do the grocery shopping but I will be very disappointed in Connor. So we'll see how the day goes....

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates