Thursday, September 17, 2009

Give me a break

Ok...everyone knows the feeling. Things seem to happen all at once. Even when it's not happening to you directly you feel a little overwhelmed or shocked. My friends funeral was last Saturday. The one I mentioned who had the bike accident. I didn't go. I just couldn't. Today I had another friend tell me she just found out her dad has stomach cancer. He is getting an endoscopy tomorrow to see how bad. My stomach just churned. That's very very bad. He is in his eighties so it doesn't look to good. She is going with her dad tomorrow and I told her I had done the same thing with my dad for the same procedure. I don't want to make too many comparisons and say too much. She knows my dad died from cancer. I just feel sick about it all.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Oh dear....things just keep on coming, don't they???? My dad, a smoker, died in 1987, of lung cancer. I was 20 at the time. Later that same year, my grandpa (my dad's dad) died, and so did an uncle on my mom's side and an uncle on my dad's side. It felt like all I did was go to funerals :-(

I can't imagine how my mom felt--well, I have an idea that she really must have suffered that year, but for a 20 year old kid, it felt like "everybody" was dying.

I hope and pray that your friend's dad is strong enough to be treated (if he wants) and that no matter what, he can find peace. And you too. I'm so sorry this is happening.

perphila said...

Me too. I mean..it isn't happening to ME. I shouldn't whine. I have had bad years before like you described too. The year before Sean was diagnosed my aunt died, I lost a baby, my dad died and we were told by the landlord we had to move unexpectantly. That was a hard year. Especially because I was pregnant with Sofie at the time just two months after losing my baby and I didn't know if I would lose her too. I really think all that trauma is what sent Sean off. He was certainly crying a lot and got drunk a lot and missed work a lot which finally prompted him to see his doctor. Maybe seeing all this reminds me unconciously of all of my own junk on top of worrying for my friends.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates