Sunday, September 20, 2009

Why bother to ask?

Yet another email from Sean....is it Christmas? He said he wasn't bringing Sofie home on the 4pm boat but the later one I told him not to do. There is nothing I can do of course. Why did he even bother to ask? He must have thought I would say yes. He gave excuses, Sofie was napping and he didn't want to wake her and he wasn't feeling well and he would have to bring all the "girls" with him to take that 4pm boat. Bingo. Do I look like I give a crap if he has to bring those other kids along? No, I don't. Not my kids, not my problem. Do I care he doesn't feel bad? Did he care when I was in a car accident? Uh..no..aaannnd no. Since there was nothing I could do this time I asked if she was feeling sick too and it was good she was resting...though I doubt she is. Then I said from now on it's the 4pm boat. Period. I told him to make whatever arrangements he needed to make it happen. I told him it was better for the kids routine and even if Cade wasn't there it was to be the 4pm boat. He had also said at the end of the email that he would give Sofie dinner so I wouldn't "have to deal with that." Humph. That is again suppose to placate me. I am just sick of the mind games. He made the choice to have the responsibility of Sofie and that woman's child and now another one. There are times you do what you gotta do. He needs to suck it up. I do.

Thinking good thoughts now to not get angry.....Will came home from work with a lobster. He got one yesterday too. Free. Soft shells they couldn't sell. I wish I liked lobster but I don't but at least Will gets to eat it and he loves it. It's funny when you think about it. It's so expensive in the stores but the lobster men were only getting a little over $2 a lb for it. Will gets to eat it almost every day when he works for free. His boss is super nice too and pays him for the days during the week he goes out and hauls even though Will only works Saturday and Sunday. His boss might only go out 2 more days a week since he waits for Will. Will is pretty lucky.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Well, if you don't get angry, I will!!!! He is still trying to gain some kind of emotional advantage, isn't he? It seems like things are taking so long--but I guess we just have to be patient (read--I have to be patient, LOL) until his life isn't anything to write home about any more....

I know it's wrong for me to want bad things to happen to him...I know it is....but he's hurt you and the kids so bad, and all you keep trying to do is get by and cope with this horrible hand he's dealt you....it'd be nice to have him get a taste of his own medicine for once!

perphila said...

oh. I get angry. I just don't cry anymore and staying mad makes me very tired. I can shout it's unfair (and it is) but it's not going to change anything and sometimes that makes me grumpy. I wish for bad things to happen to him too. More and more it seems. I suppose what I really want is for him to FEEL something. Feel the same pain the kids have felt...I have felt and I really have no idea how that could happen. Again..isn't going to happen but it makes me feel better to think it sometimes...like winning the lottery. I can dream.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates