Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Now what do I do?

Thursday is a big doctor day. All the kids, including Sofie see the dentist. Then Cade has his therapy. I told Sean all about the dentist six months ago, then a few months ago in a session, then he said I was bitchy in an email where I reminded him again about the dentist after he ASKED me when it was going to be. He SAID he has dental insurance and would send me the cards a while ago and yet I have nothing. I told him to at least send the info for it and he can send the cards later so I can tell the dentist. Nothing. So, I sent an email asking again this morning.

That's the good news. Now for the concerning news. Last night I caught Sofie jumping on the bed. I told her to stop and she stopped and began crying saying, "oh, I'm sorry, so very very sorry!" Well, that was weird. After I calmed her down and told her I didn't want her jumping because she could get hurt she seemed ok. Then I asked her why she was so scared. She said when she was at dad's that she was jumping on the bed playing daddy door ( a game where she shouts that phrase while jumping on the bed taught to her by the girl. It drives Cade nuts since they do it at 6am and the adults don't get up to stop them) and Kathryn saw her and shouted to Sofie to stop then shook her, threw her to the bed and dragged her off. Sofie showed me what happened by acting it out. Sofie was shaking herself so hard she hit the wall. Then Sofie told me she had been scared. You would think I would have been angry but I was just shocked. I thought about what to do. Should just call DHHS now? Should I email and tell Sean what Sofie said happened and say if I heard something like this again I would call DHHS? I slept on it and this morning I sent Sean an email asking about the dentist, I mentioned Connor and that to avoid any trouble in the future Sean should email me if he has plans with Connor that fall outside of a normal visitation weekend (not that Connor goes). If Connor had just not shown up at home I would have called to police. Now sure, Connor is 14 and could have told me if he had plans with his dad. He didn't have them btw, Sean was just acting confused again. (Right, no bipolar memory problems there.) It just seems to make more sense to have the parents be on the same page. After all, when Connor tells me he has plans with his dad I email Sean to confirm them. Not that I think Connor is a bad seed or anything but he is a teenager. He could tell me he is meeting up with his dad and instead go off with friends or go to some party and I would be none the wiser if I didn't double check with Sean. Of course Sean would probably give him permission to go an orgy for all I know but still, I can only do so much. After asking for Sean to let me know about Connor I then mentioned what Sofie had said. I said how Sean asked in a session he wanted to know if there were any concerns and so ...this is a concern. I didn't accuse I simply told him what she said and that she had been crying and seemed scared. I didn't say anything about DHHS. I figure that would just be considered threatening and I can just call them on my own if I felt I needed to and avoid trouble. I told Sean to handle things as he saw fit. He likes power...let him think he has it. I may know he won't do anything about it. I know he would rather blame Sofie and her age and say she was exaggerating than open his eyes and see that woman does NOT love our kids and is hurtful to them verbally and now it seems leaning to the physical with Sofie. I know she hasn't done anything to Cade after he told her if she touched him he was calling 911. Sofie is still so little. One day and one step at a time. I know at least I am doing what I should by keeping Sean informed and that is what he asked and if he doesn't like it that's too bad. I know at least he can't use that argument (that I don't tell him things) against me in court if he should try and do that.

I have other calls to make today. I am going to call the counselor that sees both Sean and I and make my final call. I emailed Sean and asked him if we continued what day and time would be ok with him weeks ago and he never responded so I guess that's that. I am also calling the lawyer today and asking about what we should do about contempt of court about the taxes. Fun. Fun.

Today is a Parent Teacher Committee meeting today too. I have to bring Sofie and the boy I babysit with me. That should be fun too.

That's the secret to life... replace one worry with another....
Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000), Charlie Brown

1 comments:

Carol said...

Oh my. I think, if I was in your shoes, I would call child protection and ask them what you should do, being that if you don't send her over there, Sean'll try to get YOU in trouble....I am very sure child protection has dealt with this before, they'll probably have some good advice.

Also, though, since I read that he no longer has a lawyer, he might not be able to afford to fight you if you kept her home? I think I'd be kind of tempted to try that....and then see if I get a warning from any agency other than Sean....just another idea....your kids should not have to suffer because he is stupid.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates