Thursday, September 3, 2009

well..well..well


Actually I had a dream about a really cute guy with long black hair but normal would be a close second...:)
So I am still sneezing but today has been a lot better. I have bad moments where I can not do anything but rub at my face like a cat high on cat nip. Just not as often.
First day of school for the kids. Did the boys charge their cell phones? No. Bags packed? No. Get up on time? Actually yes. Connor seemed ready to go. I don't know how. He was up talking to Will until I finally fell asleep and couldn't hear them anymore around 10pm. They have to get up at 5am. Will usually is a bear about getting his sleep but he wasn't ripping Connor's head off so I guess they had a nice talk. They were even laughing this morning. I will check the back yard for pods later. Cade was ready to go he just was upset he had to walk. He trashed his bike in a nasty wipe out a week or so ago and I haven't had the money to replace it yet. It really was too small for him anyway. He got it when he was 5 so it got used pretty well. He wanted me to drive him but I am almost out of gas and I mean...we live on a tiny island...come on. It's walkable. He has done it the past few years already. It has been quiet without them even with Sofie and Aiden (the 2 year old I babysit) here.
So I am getting out of my funk a little and made some phone calls today. I got a hold of DHHS today and learned a few things. I was in the office last on August 5th. So it's been almost a month. I didn't get any mail from them so I had no idea what was being done about collecting the child support or why they haven't been enforcing the court order. So today I finally found out. They just hadn't sent me the cc copies which I should have gotten. They sent in a form to the school Sean claims to be working at to verify he is really working there. They put in a withholding order with the post office but they haven't heard back from either place yet. They have also sent Sean the same forms and haven't heard from him either. They have also sent him a license suspension notice and if he doesn't get back to them in 20 days (I don't know how many days left on that there is) he will lose his license. Yippie! He is now 10 weeks behind from his last payment which wasn't enough to cover what he was already behind on before that. He owes more now than he did then. So the lady I spoke with said she was going to find the phone numbers for the places (post office and school) to make contact with them since they haven't gotten replies. The school though has 30 days to respond which isn't up yet but she said she would speed it along. I still don't have money but this seems like some progress. I wonder if Sean's *cough* wife *gag* knows he isn't paying his child support? I wonder what would happen if he lost his license? Would she drive him around? God forbid if he sent HER to pick up the kids. The better question is....who will he try and borrow money from to pay DHHS in order to stall them long enough to keep his license? Sean's family is coming out here this weekend for my birthday (can you believe that!) and I will try to (subtlety) tell them NOT to give him a dime. If they want to help the kids financially they should give them the money directly, start some kind of bank account/trust, or give it to me. I really hope they listen and don't get fleeced. I wonder if Sean has started paying on the loan his dad co-signed for yet? That might make a difference...it might not...most likely not. We'll see. Nothing is harder than letting your kids pay the consequences for their own actions. It truly stinks.

There is no den in the wide world to hide a rogue. Commit a crime and the earth is made of glass. Commit a crime, and it seems as if a coat of snow fell on the ground, such as reveals in the woods the track of every partridge, and fox, and squirrel.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

3 comments:

Carol said...

I'm really glad DHHS is doing SOMETHING!!! I (we?) actually still get support from DD's bio mom because during the time when DD was our foster child, her mom was supposed to be either paying support to the county or to us, and didn't pay a cent....but I don't understand how it works....I know it helps, though....I would dance with glee to hear that Sean's license got suspended. And even if it doesn't get suspended, the alternative would mean that you got some money.....crossing my fingers for you....

I still hold fast to my prediction that sooner or later this is all going to come crashing down on him and he will be a sorry excuse for a person (oh--wait--he already is that...)

Anonymous said...

It is about time something is going to happen.Is connor going to school with Will?

perphila said...

It was an huge irony to see Sean on the dock the day before my birthday holding the DHHS papers in my hand. I pray something good happens. I only hope he does't find a way to wiggle his way out of it. If he borrows money to pay some support than he will keep his license and again avoid any consequences.

Connor is going to school with Will now. He is a freshman and the school is really tough but with huge supports, low student numbers and very creative. I think he will do well there.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates