Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What a busy week so far

Well, I got a call back from the lawyer. Sean's lawyer has withdrawn from him because of non-payment so he is on his own. The hope was that my lawyer would call his lawyer and then she would remind Sean of his obligations and along with a letter informing him of the intent to file a motion of contempt if he didn't comply with the court order for the taxes might motivate him to pay it or even call the IRS himself and make some kind of arrangement. So since Sean no longer has a lawyer I am going to be on my own I think. I have an appointment to see the lawyer tomorrow but he is going to call me this afternoon and we'll see what the next move should be. I can't hire him. He is helping me this much because he is appalled with Sean. I would have to file contempt myself. I suppose I could try the free lawyers but it takes a long time to get one. I tried it before I got the one I have now and I have a short amount of time before the extension for the taxes run out. The lawyer said he would help me with the contempt papers. It is so nerve wracking. I suppose I will call the free lawyers anyway and see what they say after I talk with my lawyer today. IF I hired the lawyer he would ask for legal fees from Sean but I don't have the upfront money. I have to put my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with. I don't want to spend more than it would cost to just pay the taxes myself in the first place just to prove a point. That would be stupid. I just don't understand why no on sees how much his life is falling apart. How DOES he hide everything? How much is that woman enabling him to the point where he looks like he is doing ok? I hope things go ok for me today. I am feeling nervous.

Oh yeah, I also had to email Sean about if he was available to have sessions on Friday. I told him he had to get back to me by Thursday. After I talked with the counselor about doing these sessions or not I told her it wasn't her. I just felt Sean was not being honest and the lack of follow through was not building trust like the sessions were supposed to help build but doing the opposite and making trust erode even further. It is better to not have sessions and have hope that things might be better for the kids sake than just be able to accept things for what they are and that is that Sean says one thing and does whatever he wants. It is easier to just not count on his words and accept his actions good or bad. I told her I would want her to hold him more accountable. If he says he will do something then doesn't then have him answer the tough question of why? I will not accept, "I tried." anymore. Try and tried are "out" words so you can get out of responsibility. I think the point of using those words are the fact they aren't used often. Then they have true meaning and the effort you put in shows. Sean on the other hand says he tried with a shrug and a snicker. The meaning, the effort, is missing. I am willing to accept reasons but not excuses. He didn't even bother with excuses. So, I doubt he will get back to me. He still hasn't answered me about the dental insurance I need for tomorrow so I am not holding my breath. I told the counselor that I would call her Friday with his answer (if he even gives one) and if he has the time then we can try if he doesn't or doesn't answer we will close the case and I will have to call the lawyer again to have the divorce amended. Yak.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates