Saturday, December 26, 2009

Let it Snow

It snowed today and we are recovering from xmas. Our day started late of course and Sofie was a mess when she got home. Her hair was a disaster and she has exhausted. We had to wait to open presents a while longer until she was able to calm down. She was crying and didn't know what she wanted. Once she was settled a bit we did the present thing. Will got me some tea from a new store. It cost him $25. It was amazing. He brewed a batch for all of us and it was very relaxing. Cade got me a necklace from the school store. He really worked hard earning the money to get presents for all of us. I forgot to mention that when I dropped the kids off Sean gave me some presents for Will and Connor. He never called Will on his birthday. I guess he thought this would make up for it. Will opened his two gifts when I got home. Each of them got two things. So either Will got one birthday, one xmas gift or two xmas gifts and Connor got two xmas gifts. Either way Will got less. Will got a used cd and a gift card. Connor opened one present and saved the other for xmas day. He got a used book. Now, I don't have a problem with used gifts. When you have little money it's very practical. I got all the kids stuff from Goodwill and the dollar store myself. The boys were a bit, I dunno what the right word for it is. They knew full well Sean was buying jewelry and brand new or expensive things for his new family so it was like he was giving them leftovers. It was insulting. What was worse was what Sean gave Connor for his other gift. We laughed about it when he opened it and made jokes but I'm sure he was hurt deep down. Know what it was? It was Connor's hard drive for his xbox. The hard drive his dad used Connor's store points for and earned himself. Sean didn't get Connor anything. He just wrapped something Connor had bought himself. Something Connor didn't even ask his dad to pick up for him or had given him permission to use his points for without Connor being there. So, in the end all he got from his dad for xmas was one used book. How sad is that? Cade said the girl had a whole table full of gifts. Him and Sofie combined had about half of that. It isn't the amount of gifts that bothers the boys. They were very happy with what they got here even though it wasn't much and nothing expensive. It was the fact the things I got fit who they are. They were thoughtful. What bothered them was seeing a physical, outward display from their dad of how much he favors the new family. It really hurts them and I have no xmas spirit for Sean. I would love to see the kids pain physically manifest on Sean. He would be covered in blood. ho. ho. ho. Yes, I am a terrible person. I am feeling very protective mom right now so ...whatever.


So, you won't believe this. I found the present. I felt SO stupid. We all had a good laugh over it. The kids saw me looking furiously for it and I was feeling pretty low. My memory must be going down the tubes. Guess where it was? Guess!

I had already wrapped it and had it under the tree! Yep. Duh! So Cade opened it and there it was. I shouted, "That's where it was!" I won't be living this down for a long time...if ever.

To top this "wonderful" xmas, after dinner but before we had cleared the table I got up to use the bathroom and I heard a thump. Sofie had bumped her head on the table. She was crying and carrying on. I scooped her up and brought her to my bed to comfort her and check her head. I asked Will to get the ice pad from the freezer and on his was back I heard Connor and Cade start shouting and Will whipped past my door to the bathroom. Connor came rushing in and said Will got sick. Sure enough Will was puking in the bathroom and Sofie was screaming in my ear. They had to do this at the same time didn't they? Luckily everyone was still in a good and helpful mood. Connor cleaned the mess in the dining room and Cade got the ice pad for Sofie. Will was only sick twice but he missed the toilet and got it in the sick which of course got plugged. I spent my xmas evening doing laundry and unclogging the sink. Despite all that we had a good day. Even though I cried, even though the kids were kind of a wreak either physically or emotionally. We made the best of it and I am hoping New Years will be even more fun. At least we don't have to deal with Sean....see better already!

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates