Tuesday, December 1, 2009

If it's not one thing....

We didn't catch the flu that was going around a few weeks ago but we have colds now. Red noses and congestion. Sofie has a fever today. She has been a handful though. She doesn't want to stop and I am getting thin on patience. She didn't nap today. She just stayed in bed and looked at books for two hours. Then she saw a spider and freaked. She was out of bed in two seconds flat screaming her head off. I guess she doesn't like them.


I have felt really creative today. All in my head of course. I was cold and snuggled under blankets as much as I could. I was working so I wasn't able to do that too much. When I was able to snuggle I decided to do some writing. People are always telling me to write a story or a book. So I had an idea Will and I had been batting around for a while and went with that. I am a victim waiting to happen for a grammar nazi and my spelling makes me cringe but I am not going to worry about it. I didn't even really write per se today. I wrote ideas and outlines and did some research. I did about five pages of work which doesn't seem like much but I think it's pretty good considering all the other stuff I had to do. It was fun and I felt like I was doing something with purpose. I just couldn't help it. I was rolling. Right now I am trying to figure out a setting. I am thinking a major US city but I am not sure where. I have thought about Albuquerque (I have lived there) or Boston. Our "big" city in my state isn't really big and not really what I had in mind. Any ideas anyone?

4 comments:

NWoods said...

You could make up a city, then you wouldn't have to worry so much about being accurate.....

P.S. Where'd you get that picture of me???? LOLOL

perphila said...

That's a good idea. I think I will use Boston as a frame of reference in my mind in the meantime.

You? I thought it was a picture of me in my future....:)

Carol said...

Hey.....????
What the HECK????
Who is this NWoods??????????

That's my comment and my picture!
(of the cat purrson)
Who the heck is NWoods??????

That's really strange.

Carol said...

I wonder what happened. I left you that comment yesterday. Very weird. I have no idea who NWoods is. Anyhow....I guess it's just a mystery.....maybe your fish know!

Template by:
Free Blog Templates