Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Must Sleep

From 10pm until 3am this morning Sofie was whimpering and crying. Her tummy hurt and she threw up, her knees hurt and she had a high fever. So, of course that meant I wasn't sleeping either. She would be calm just long enough for me to think I was going to be able to sleep then she would start up again. I was sick myself with a clogged nose and trouble breathing. Headache and low fever. I put in a movie for her to take her mind off the pain. It was the only thing that was able to give her little calm cat naps during that time. Thank you Disney. We slept in to 8:30. I would have kept on sleeping but once I heard her stir I was awake. Like all colds once you wake your nose becomes instantly full and I couldn't go back to sleep. I feel worse now than yesterday. Sofie of course bounced right back and is fever free and feels great. Well, at least one of us does. Connor is sick like me without the fever but with a sore throat. I am sure Will's little xmas day sickness did this to us. I couldn't go to town to shop today for food because one, I didn't want to leave Sofie and two I am too sick and tired to do so. It's times like these I miss having Sean around....of course towards the end he couldn't leave the house much anyway due to his phobias so...whatever.


New Years is almost here. I said this before but I'll say it again, I don't make resolutions. It is just a set up for failure. I would rather try hard every day to be a better person than make a goal (which on new years are always way too high) and fail. I do try and think about what I would like for the new year though. I would like to not get kicked out of my home. I would like to lose a few pounds but I'm not freaked about that. I would like Connor to be ok and functional. I would like, Sean to go back to his pdoc and back on his meds with the hope he will become stable enough to pay the child support. I would like the kids to have a dad who gave them the time of day. I would like to be able to see my writing become a paying job. Some money would be nice. Nothing crazy. Enough to pay my back bills and to pay the normal things. Oh, and I would like my island car to run. I don't need a new one, I just want the one I have to work. I guess that's all I want to the new year. See? Too much to ask.

1 comments:

Carol said...

I hope you're all feeling better by the time you read this....

Template by:
Free Blog Templates