Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'll work again someday

As I am writing this, I am sitting in bed with the laptop on my knees. Sofie is behind me on the pillows and brushing my hair out. It is kind of painful. She is trying to be careful though. We have a Disney movie on so it's nice and quiet really.


Today is the craft day when we help the kids make presents for friends and family. I really don't want to go. I will though because I need to motivate myself. I am doing something extremely simple. It isn't really a craft. Years ago when the older boys were little my mom gave the kids a little snack sized baggie that had dry oatmeal and glitter in it. There was a note inside that said it was for Santa's reindeer. So every xmas eve the kids would spread it on the lawn. It would be magically refilled every year and to this day even the older boys go out every xmas and "feed" the deer. It is a cute tradition now. So, I got the stuff to make some and printed out the note and we are going to make them for our craft. It may not be much but it cost me $2 to make 20 of them and it means a lot to Cade. There will be the story to go along with it and hopefully the kids will get the whole family togetherness thing. Since today is a half day we are doing it in the afternoon so the kids here don't really miss school. The older boys don't go in on the boat on half days because they spend more time on the boat than in school. Connor is here and is going to help. Will went to school because he has some xmas shopping to do and he is going to use his gift card he got at the party. The restaurant is open from 11am to 2pm then closes and reopens again at 5pm. The later time is not good because of the boat schedule but the earlier time is perfect for the half day schedule.

I have a nasty tummy ache today. I am hoping it will go away by the time we have to be at the hall at 1pm. Otherwise I will really be using Connor to help with Sofie. Do NOT want to do that.

Work. Well, I found out the reason I didn't get to work Monday and Tuesday was because the mom and her son I babysit for were stuck in another state. She has three other kids from a previous marriage and they were here for the party. She was driving them back to their dad. He lives in Massachusetts and we live in Maine. Personally I don't know why he had to move so far away but, there you go. Anyway, her car died in New Hampshire and there she was stuck with four kids. I would have just cried. The car is still there. $1400 worth of repair needed. It always happens at the holidays doesn't it? I had hoped to work today but since it would have been a half day anyway we are just going to wait until tomorrow. She has catching up to do too. We are trying to plan the same day off for shopping. I need to do it and so does she that way I can be here for her and I can earn some money. Crazy scheduling.

I am not a the glass is half full or a half empty person anymore. Instead I am thrilled there is even water, unless it's poisoned.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates