Saturday, December 5, 2009

what am I doing?

Yesterday afternoon was a bit crazy. I brought Sofie to the practice which was a mistake because now her cough is worse. Sean did tell me to keep the kids. I wasn't surprised. I made sure it was his choice though. I asked him to send some juice and medicine. He did but we didn't get it until 7pm. Better late than never I suppose. I think he is going to let them stay next weekend too. I wonder if this is because he is thinking of the kids welfare and community ties or just because it's the beginning of not having them come over anymore. I dunno and I don't have the thought capacity to think about it.


Connor was shut off in his room for most of the day yesterday. In the morning he told me he was going to go visit his dad. He said his dad had his hard drive and he wanted to go get it. He had been "too sick" to go to school that morning and now he thought he would just take off? Not even for a valid reason of seeing his dad but to get his hard drive which his dad could simply mail to him? Well, I said I had to reply to an email from his dad I would let him know Connor wanted to come over. Connor said his dad already knew. I asked him if he had already spoken with his dad and Connor said no but it was the weekend. Then he shrugged. I told him his dad had just told me to keep Cade and Sofie for the weekend and never once mentioned that Connor was coming over. I told Connor he knew the rules and I would have to talk to his dad and he would have to know Connor had been sick too. Connor started getting mad. I told him he had no reason to be angry but this was certainly something we would need to discuss in therapy. He then began to complain about that. I reminded him he had accepted the consequences of missing school again if he wasn't really "sick". I reminded him how he had badmouthed other people he knew who had done the same thing. How was he any better? There had to be a reason for him to think one way and act another. He said he had never said that. I said he had and told him right where he had sat the last time we had this discussion. He said, "prove it." Well, now he was just getting nasty. So, I said, "I shouldn't have to carry around a tape recorder when we talk to each other. So, if you are too sick to go to school then you are too sick to your dads. Get some juice and go to bed." He said, "Fine. I don't care." Then he spent the whole day in his room in bed doing nothing. ack. He is fine today and in a good mood. Good thing he is because my throat hurts and I am grumpy. I don't want to deal with any kind of crisis today.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates