Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Busy..busy..

So I am finally feeling the late minute crunch. I went shopping yesterday afternoon and got all my stuff done. I do have a few things to pick up for other people who we will be seeing later in the week so I am in no rush. One thing I am really upset about is that I spent actual money on a dvd for the whole family and now I forgot where I hid it. Crap. I have looked in all my usual hiding spots. I have one more place to check but my feet hurt right now so I will do that later. The reason I want to wait is because I know once I start looking around my cleaning bug will hit me and I will wind up "since I'm here already I might as well...." and lose at least an half an hour of my time.


Sofie is napping and I am babysitting today. He is at my feet playing with matchbox cars. Good news on that front is after Christmas week I will be working every single day except for or two off days for the next three months. I feel a little better. I also got some money today which was nice. It covers most of what I spent yesterday.

Sofie had a hard time letting me go when I went shopping. I didn't take her with me because I was looking for some things for her and I wouldn't be getting home until 7pm. It was really windy. I had a sitter (free!) and she cried and held me and said, "Oh mumma, I won't ever see you again!" It was sad but so cute at the same time. I told her I was only going to the store and I would bring her back a treat. She seemed ok after that. She has never really had attachment issues overall. She doesn't like to leave on weekends with her dad. I think that has less to do with him than the environment in it's entirety. She is beginning to have a hard time going to bed at night and usually slips in with me at some point after I fall asleep. She doesn't like sharing my time with her brothers. I think it's all about needing reassurance. I always give it but she doesn't get it on her visits so then she worries about that happening here. Anyway, more of my own selfishness here, I felt since I was in such a bummy mood some time away by myself would be good. I chatted with friends on the boat and I felt useful when I was able to give a friend a ride to their car. I did my thing and I was feeling really good. I didn't buy much but the radio was on and that was fun. I decided to do a Christmas dinner after all. I got some food for it and our usual traditional things. I saw a guy who used to live out here but moved in town and that was unexpected. We chatted for a bit he said, "Are you trying to make the boat?" I said, "Yeah, don't you miss it!" He shook his head no and laughed. I spent my grocery card I got at the party but didn't use it for presents like I had planned. I got trash bags instead. Since we are technically within "city limits" we have to buy city trash bags. They are $7.50 for a bag of five. Nuts huh? I used my whole $20 card on them. I should have some to last for a while. I was happy to not have to spend my own money for them for a change.

I really should send out email xmas cards today. I can't really afford to do normal ones this year. I ran out of my backup supply and I would have to buy more stamps. I am going to make cookies with Sofie today or maybe tomorrow for Santa. We won't have enough time on Christmas eve day since she is leaving. I am making Will's birthday cake tomorrow. That will take up some time. I am so glad to did my wrapping today. More later....

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates