Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Anime Tuesdays 2


I am currently watching this with Cade and Sofie. This is an english dubbed version I found on youtube. We don't watch this, we watch it in the original japanese with english subtitles. Cade uses this as part of his reading homework. He has learned to become a pretty fast reader doing this. In this english version there are two swear words which were not translated in the subbed version we are watching. I think they like this because of the step family issues for the main heroine. Sofie just likes all the different dresses the heroine wears when she transforms into her magical earth saving persona. The girl (Himeno) is still feeling the loss of her mother and her fathers remarriage. His new wife is his main focus and her new step sisters either ignore her or play pranks on her. One of the step sisters is missing her father who also died and that is part if her anger at the whole situation. Then of course there is the superhero part. Fighting evil seeds that want to destroy the earth's life force. The princess of destruction who used to be a "good guy" but was hurt deeply and let her heart turn to the dark side. A short series but full of human emotions. Not one of my favorite series but good. I kind of feel a little 80's for some reason when I watch it. I can't explain it.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates