Friday, January 22, 2010

What's cookin' Friday

Like my icon? It's actually a joke. Connor hates Rachel Ray. Loathes. I don't think about it one way or the other but Will likes her. So, we kind of tease Connor a bit and say one of her catch phrases or "accidently" have the tv on to her show when he is around. His reactions are really funny. Anyway, I thought this would be my day of the week where everyone can get a glimpse of what we are eating today. This will be a challenge for me because some Fridays I am not home you will be seeing travel foods and the like. Today I am home so nothing too weird.


Breakfast today was homemade hash and eggs. (no breads) I had leftovers from the roast I made the other day and thought making a hash was a good idea. Juice for the kids, tea for me.

Lunch will be homemade mac and cheese. Cade has a half day every Friday so I am going to make that for lunch. I make my sauce all kinds of different ways. With butter, milk and many kinds of cheese. What ever my whim. I used add ins sometimes like corn or other veggies. Today I am making one I adapted from and Irish Pub next to the bay lines. I could use authentic cheese but this is cheaper, easier and the kids love it. Today I am not going to bake it and reduce the beer by half a cup and serve it creamy. Even easier. I wish I could add a side salad but we are out of fixins. Need to make a trip to the store again.

Half of a large box of velvetta, cup and half of beer, salt and pepper. Melt to make a sauce. Stir constantly.
4 cups of macaroni, dry. Cook in salted water, drain. Add sauce, mix, Bake in 350 oven for about an hour or you have a nice crust.

Sofie snacks today - Pineapple chunks, string cheese and cheerios. Yogurt for later.

Dinner will be meatloaf with spicy ketchup top (I want sandwiches for tomorrow), rice cooked in chicken stock (I need to get rid of it before it spoils) and green beans.

I might bake some cookies today if I get ambitious. I am getting low on fruit too. I might make a smoothie instead.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates