Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is Connor's birthday. I can't believe he is 15 today. I know I will be doing a bit of crying today at some point. Although I am happy I feel bad about the fact his dad will not be sending any presents or a card or even making a phone call. He hasn't the past two years so I have no hopes for this year. It is like the other day when I thought about the kids being born and it feels like those memories are tainted by Sean's presence. I kind of wish now I had done it alone and he wasn't there. Now when I think back I feel more sadness than happiness. I wonder how long it will take for those feeling to switch. I wonder how the kids feel about it sometimes. I know Connor acts like everything is no big deal but I would rather he deal with this stuff now than later.


I never got to go into town to get a present. I am baking a cake today, that will have to count as one. Cade bought Connor some peanut butter cups yesterday and Will got a gift certificate to the island store. I think I will give Connor a coupon to take him clothes shopping this weekend. That is what he wants and if I bought him something he probably wouldn't like it. You know how picky teens can be with their clothes. Connor's friends are taking him out for pizza after school today. I am sure he will have some fun. I wish I could do more.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Wow....15 already.....I've known you for quite a while :-)

I think your coupon idea is a good one--I am going to use that for DD's birthday in April, so thanks!!!!

perphila said...

You're welcome...:)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates