Sunday, January 31, 2010

More and more the phrase, whatever, goes through my head. I am getting so sick and tired of dealing with the random instant gratification kicks Connor goes on. His grandmother didn't call him back until Saturday evening. It was of course obvious no one was going to come and get him by then. So then he wanted me to take him shopping and get a haircut today. I told him I might if I felt like it this morning. I have been having migranes lately. Usually in the morning, and it takes around three hours to get back to normal. I get them from time to time and I had my third one this week this morning at 6am. Connor at least didn't complain, I am sure he knew I would have been less than pleased with him if he did. Anyway, I can understand his disappointment in some respects. I am not thrilled to see his greater upset is about not being able to shop than to see his family. He was on the phone all morning trying to call around for a ride so he could take the noon boat but none of his aunts or grandparents could take him. They were all in church anyway. He then said how every one was mean and trying to ruin his life and against him. How stupid this all was. How hard it is to travel from the island. I pointed out that if we still lived where we had before we moved here he would have the same issues traveling because it would take the same amount of time to get to the city from there as from here. He just doesn't get it. He wants to do something he wants to do it right now and if it doesn't happen then it's everyone else's fault. Like a dog with a bone he just has to do it, right away. He asked me if I would take the noon boat and come home on the 5:45pm ferry and I told him no. Cade and Sofie are coming home on the 4pm boat. Was I supposed to just let them come home by themselves and wait for us? Then he asked me if I could call dad and have him bring them back later. I told him no. Past experience has more than proved Cade especially needs the down time before bed to transition. Connor doesn't get it or care and thinks Cade is just making too big a deal out of his weekends. Of course this is only because it's getting in the way of Connor's current ideas and plans. If it wasn't he would be very sympathetic to what Cade is going through. So I just got finished talking to Connor who went and called his dad and asked him if he could pick him up from school and taking him for a haircut and shopping. I was livid. I said nothing but I am sure my face wasn't schooled into a happy face. I was just so sick and tired of Connor's obsessive need that he would do anything to get what he wanted. He couldn't wait for February vacation in two weeks or even next weekend when he could maybe reschedule to see his grandparents and have more time to shop. He wants to do it so badly he is cutting down the time he could have to really look around. At the best he will get a haircut and then go to an expensive store for a shirt instead of looking someplace he could afford before he has to be on the boat. His dad of course is the WORST person he could go shopping with to teach him to be responsible with his money. He will take him to the mall or something and spend $20 on one shirt. Since all Connor has is $45 he is going to regret it. Maybe he thinks he can get his dad to buy him something. Like hell. Cade asked his dad if he could take him to the candy store and Sean said no. When Cade said he had his own money Sean changed his mind and took him. If Sean is unwilling to buy one son candy then he darn well isn't going to buy Connor clothes. I agree he needs new pants. It's just his attitude that stinks. He won't wear something if he thinks it from Goodwill even if it practically brand new. Anyway, Sean agreed. I still have to email him for a confirmation. Connor said his dad told him he had to ask me first but the email/phone call rule is still in play and if I don't follow up then they will walk all over me and abuse the rule and think they both can get away with it. I am so sick and tired of being the responsible one. So we'll see if Sean gets back to me. If he doesn't then Connor doesn't go. I reminded Connor about the rule and told him I was sending the email. Sean really should be doing it but nose skin of my nose to do it. I think my headache is coming back.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates