Saturday, January 2, 2010

Isn't this the worst calendar ever? I could never just pop only one day. Bubble wrap is worse than Lays potato chips. I really could eat just one but bubble wrap is my Achilles heel.


So I feel quite a bit better today. I am still congested and I feel tired and light headed but I can breathe for the most part. Swallow too which makes me feel a little less panicky. I guess I really did need all that sleep. I was able to do some chores today which needed to be done in a major way. Kids have been great but they have to be told what to do or they don't do it. I had been too sick to even bother to tell them and so other than dishes and vacuuming nothing else got done. How can kids not see stuff? I wish I had that ability.

All the kids are here this weekend. Sean did finally call me back but not until 3pm. He obviously wasn't on the boat to pick up Sofie. I didn't pick up the phone. I let him leave a message. I was putting Sofie down for a nap. I had already emailed him when I hadn't heard from him by 2:45 that since he hadn't responded to my email or phone call and the bad weather I was making the decision that they were going to stay. I told him they could come over next weekend and we would just start the new schedule then. I checked my messages and he said since Cade was ill he would rather have both the kids at the same time. So he would just let Sofie stay and pick them both up next weekend. I really do wonder why he doesn't want to have Sofie alone? The other times Cade hasn't gone he has left her with his family. Maybe he knows not to leave her alone with the girl and his wife and if he can't be there or Cade be there he takes her elsewhere. If that is so, it makes you wonder. He has too much ego to ask me for her to stay with me. So, I emailed him back letting him know I got his message and that it seemed we had the same basic idea and that was fine with me. I did tell him to confirm with me plans for next weekend but I doubt he will. I also asked him again to send Cade's winter coat on the ferry for us to pick up. It's the only coat Cade has and Sean left it when he brought Cade back on Christmas day. Since we have been inside it hasn't been an issue but he can't go without his coat. Sean did that with Connor a year or so ago and in the end Connor got the coat back the next summer. Useless then. I really can't afford to go an get a new coat. I would have to ask coats for kids or something.

The island store is finally open today and I am going to get some basic stuff until I can go shopping on Tuesday. We are out of bread, milk, eggs and butter. A neighbor sent over some juice yesterday. Wasn't that nice? I am lucky to live where I do.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates