Monday, January 25, 2010

Rain rain go away...


It's raining today and even though it is above freezing the roads are slippery. I woke up this morning and thought about walking with Sofie in the cold rain, the roads, I had bit my lip somehow during the night and it was stinging, my head was pounding and I thought, you know what, I can do this another day. I need new tires and I didn't want to to be driving around with all the kids going from one appointment to the next if it was slippery out. Will called after he left for school and told me he almost didn't make the boat because the road was so tricky walking he nearly fell a half dozen times. Connor too. The news has had reports of some accidents and lowered speed limits. I think I made the right call today.


I was so tired last night. I think all of us were. Maybe we were feeding off each others energy or something. We all crashed around 7:30 last night. I was up at 5am, trying to decide what to do and finally went back to bed around 6am. Cade and Sofie were still sleeping and I wanted to take advantage of the peace and quiet. I slept until 8:30am. Cade was reading quietly and Sofie was just snuggled close and zoned out with her blankey. They weren't loud or fighting. It has been such a nice morning. I got up and Cade helped me with my chores so they are all done. I do have other things to do but my usual ones are complete. Sofie dressed herself and hasn't whined or cried all at so far. I am very pleased. I need to go grocery shopping but not today.

The boys didn't take the trash out today. I am not upset though. It has been a weird day. I finally feel rested. A nice change.

I checked my bank account and my regular child support wasn't there. I don't know how they do things but I wasn't very happy. I know I have gotten money already this month but I thought that was him trying to pay some if the arrears so he could keep his license. Something that should be so simple but instead it's just a complicated mess.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates