Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Powerless and laughter

Well, not going to town yesterday was a good call. The boat I would have come home on almost didn't dock. The wind was howling and the rain was like needles. The power went out. About 19,000 people lost it in our state. I was not thrilled to find out the batteries were dead in my main flashlight and lantern. I have to restock on D batteries. I had my hurricane lamp and candles so we were fine. Connor had already gone off to sleep by then. Will, Cade, Sofie and I stayed in my room to stay warm and just chatted. When it became obvious the power wasn't coming back on anytime soon we just went to bed. Sofie nodded off right away. Then it got funny. I am not sure how we got on the topic of the Beatles, oh yes, now I remember, we were talking about school reading and how Will had noticed Connors Catcher in the Rye book was missing the infamous banned pages. Then it went to John Lennon and Cade was shocked to hear about how he died so we talked about that for a minute and then it evolved to the whole John is dead thing. After a few minutes Cade said, "You mean the Beatles aren't American?" Will and I just burst out laughing. I don't know why but it was just so funny. Cade kept making one clueless statement after another and my back and sides hurt from laughing so hard. Will was in the same shape and me and Cade was laughing too. He knew we weren't really laughing at him (thank goodness). How Sofie slept through that is beyond me...:)

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates