Saturday, January 30, 2010

How else can you screw up?

I woke up with a migraine today. I took my medicine and slept for another 2 hours and now just feel a little queasy with a half numb face. That is a good thing. No pain is great.


Will is cooking a chicken today. It's going in the oven now so it can be done before noon. He may be going into town on the noon boat and he wants it done before he leaves. Going into town would be a last minute thing. Why? Well, remember when I said Connor was going to visit his grandparents this weekend? As Cade, Sofie and I were getting on the 4pm boat yesterday we saw Connor getting off. We could only talk briefly since the boat was leaving. I asked him what happened and he said his aunt (Sean's sister) who was supposed to be giving him a ride called him that morning and told him she couldn't because she had to work suddenly. Connor told me he might be able to go Saturday. He looked bummed. On the ride to town Cade was shaking his head and asked me if Sean knew Connor was going on that visit. I told him I didn't know. Cade said that the only job his aunt had was babysitting Sean's new baby. If she told Connor she could pick him up than all of a sudden couldn't then it was his dad's fault. Cade was mad at his aunt for picking the baby over Connor. I was thinking if I had known earlier I could have driven Connor myself by taking the noon boat and cutting my PTC meeting short. Another idea would have been for me to call Sean's parents and see if one of them could come and pick him up after school. I think Connor made the right call to come home and not wait around the school without me or anyone knowing what was going on. I feel good he made a responsible decision. When Sean picked up the kids he asked me if Connor was with his parents. I said no. He asked me why not and I told him his sister was Connor's ride and she had called him back and told him she had to work last minute. Sean looked confused and said his mom was waiting for Connor in the parking lot of a shopping plaza about a mile from Connor's school. She had just called him wondering where Connor was. Remember, this was now 5:30 in the afternoon. Three hours and 45 minutes after Connor got out of school. I told Sean I had no idea why his mother would be waiting for Connor. Connor had no idea she would be picking him up, especially so long after school ended. Sean just shrugged and left. When I got home I told Connor what his dad had said and Connor said he had called his grandparents after he got home and found out his grandmother was coming to get him. He had no idea. I just told him I was passing the info along and I was glad he had already called. He said he thought I would be mad at him. (ack!) I asked him why? He was invited over there. He didn't ask. He was offered the ride and made plans and asked me if it was ok and I said yes. He had his phone and had everything set. He did everything he could possibly do. Why would I be upset? It wasn't his fault his dad made his aunt work unexpectedly. He wasn't his fault other people talked about how to pick him up then not told him. I told him I was glad he came home because otherwise in theory he could have been stuck in town. I was also glad he called them back to try and fix the problem and come up with another plan by himself. He was being responsible. He never got to talk to his grandmother though. His cousin told him his grandmother would call him back today and they would see about making new plans. So he might go in on the noon boat today for a visit. If they are willing or an aunt is willing to come get him. Will said to Connor if she calls back and if he is invited too he would like to come as well. So, we'll see. It's 10am now so I just don't know. Knowing them as I do she is probably mad at Connor for not showing up. Either way I am getting a chicken dinner so, whatever. I was kind of miffed like Cade that Sean yet again did something that turned out to thwart plans for one of our kids. Intentional or not one child got chosen over another and it wasn't Connor that got picked. Also, don't these people know how to communicate? What the hell are cell phones for then? I know his mother has one. Connor doesn't have her number but if he goes I am going to tell him to get all their numbers to prevent something like this from happening again. He has the aunts number and the grandparents home number. I also was feeling very sarcastic about Sean. Why does he care if Connor is seeing his parents? He isn't going to be around all day Saturday anyway to visit him. Did he want to give Connor that non-existent birthday present?

Yeah, so, I vented...:) As for dinner yesterday, I had no ambition to do anything when I got home. I nearly froze to death walking home. I made an egg sandwich. It was simple, easy and a comfort food for me. I also had orange pineapple juice.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates